- If the laundry is done drying it NEEDS to be folded right then and there.
- My fridge has to be cleaned every Sunday… (at least).
- Hair before makeup. Always.
- Dishwasher unloaded as follows: (NO EXCEPTIONS)
-wine glasses / beer glasses
– regular cups
– coffee cups
- Before I leave for a trip, the house needs a deep clean.
- The dishwasher filter needs to be cleaned / rinsed before every use.
- A chapstick must be carried with me at all times – including a trip to the bathroom.
- There. Is . A. Bucket. Or. Basket. For. Anything. And. Everything.
- If I haven’t had at least 3 cups of coffee, I’m not a human being.
- The simplest decision (such as which drawer should the scissors go in) – takes at least a couple of hours.
Anxiety has always been a part of who I am. Although for the last eight years it has really creeped in hard. It’s so hard to explain to others what I am feeling and WHY I am feeling it. To be completely honest I actually get anxiety thinking about explaining it to people. So instead here are the four statements/questions I get most & what I’m usually thinking when I hear them.
“Don’t worry about it”.
Ohhhhhhhhh really? Don’t worry about it? If only I thought of that. I’m obviously worrying about it because I just FEEL like it. Thinking about things that may or may not happen is suuuuuuuuuper fun for me.
“Take a deep breath”.
This one is two-fold. Yes – deep breathing helps me but you telling me to just stop and take a deep breath isn’t really productive. I actually have to go to a dark, quiet and calming space before the deep breathing will actually work – so just don’t tell me how to breath k?“
“Have you taken your meds?”
First of all – thanks for reminding me that I’m medicated as if I didn’t know. Second of all – yes I’ve taken them. Every morning for the last 8 years – thanks so much!
Wait, what? This is an option? If only I knew that 8 years ago…I would have never allowed myself to get worked up about anything in the first place. Switch flipped, I’m okay now – absolutely nothing to worry about.